Why is a skilled nursing facility Community a Good Idea?
If your parent has mobility issues or health concerns, consider a skilled nursing facility that will provide the specialized care they need. You may not always be able to provide the level of attention aging seniors require and this can make it difficult for both you and them. Whether the issues are physical or emotional, it is not easy to keep up with their needs and other responsibilities, especially if you don’t live with them.
Nursing homes are designed to cater to loved ones who need constant monitoring and/or medical attention. If you are faced with this situation, it is best to move mom or dad into a skilled nursing facility before their situation gets worse or their safety is compromised. Check out the nursing homes in Rhode Island to see which one will best fit your parent’s requirements.
Benefits of placing your parent in a skilled nursing facility
- Nursing homes provide assistance with daily activities including personal care and medication management.
- Staff will take care of housekeeping responsibilities; meals are also provided too.
- Your loved one will have the company of other seniors sharing similar interests.
- Many nursing homes provide recreational activities which seniors can take part.
- There is 24 hour trained staff that provides immediate attention to any health concerns.
- You will have a peace of mind that your loved ones will be cared for by skilled professionals.
Getting in-home care means turning your parent over to strangers. Often you are not there to ensure they are getting quality care. This arrangement might also be temporary as needs can change rather quickly on account of a debilitating or deteriorating medical condition and age.
The Holiday Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Manville, Rhode Island offers a long-term, happy and comfortable facility. We look after your parents as we would our own. Our dedicated and experienced staff is committed to making them happy, comfortable and secure. We have a nursing staff to attend to them, most of whom have been with us for years. In the event of a skilled need we also have a full team therapist to provide consolation or care as needed. More importantly, we welcome family involvement and encourage you to be a part of their care and treatment plan. Visit your loved one as often as you can!
At our family-owned nursing home in Rhode Island, residents are treated with respect, compassion and dignity.
Does your parent need extra care or attention? Let The Holiday Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Manville, Rhode Island help you.
Give us a call at 401-765-1440 for more information.