What is a Skilled Nursing Facility?
As you age, you may need the skilled resources and advanced medical facilities that you can find at a hospital. However, most seniors like to live in a home-like setting. It helps to look for a skilled nursing facility or the best rehab facility near you, if you have any serious health conditions or if you need professional support after surgery. Skilled nursing facilities have qualified staff to provide round-the-clock support, assistance with daily chores, and expert nursing care to help you. Read on to learn more about such facilities for older adults.
Defining a Skilled Nursing Facility
Skilled nursing care facilities are licensed bodies that are governed by the state’s Department of Health Services. They typically provide services for aging patients who require skilled medical or custodial support.
Services offered by skilled nursing facilities:
- Terminal Illness Care – includes services offered for seniors who have a terminal illness and require medical and custodial care.
- Stroke Recovery – consists of rehabilitation therapy to help patients recover and regain speech functions and motor skills.
- Acute Medical Conditions – includes services to help patients who are suffering from an illness or infection that endangers their health.
- General Wound Care – comprises cleaning wounds and applying antibiotics to help patients fight an infection.
- Custodial Care – is all about helping older adults with daily activities, such as bathing, dressing, eating, and more.
- General Rehab Facility – includes physical, occupational, and speech therapy. In addition to this, it also consists of other services to help patients recover after an invasive operation or illness.
When Do You Need Skilled Nursing Care Services?
Skilled nursing care may begin with a brief stay at a hospital. The doctors might recommend the patient stays at a rehab facility to recover and regain their strength.
Situations when you need skilled nursing care:
- When you are suffering from a heart condition or have suffered from a stroke recently
- To deal with memory-related conditions such as dementia, Alzheimer’s or Parkinson’s
- After fractures or joint replacements
- Diabetic rehabilitation
- Respiratory care
- To care for infections
- Interim medical care after a brief hospital stay
- General rehabilitation due to physical decline or weakness
Depending on your needs, you may choose to stay in a short-term or long-term rehab facility. It helps to select a reputable rehabilitation center that has qualified staff and excellent infrastructure.
We Have the Best Skilled Nursing Facility in Rhode Island
We have a top-notch rehabilitation center for seniors in Rhode Island. We offer post-surgery rehab, long-term care, and short-term stays to meet the varied needs of our patients. You can trust our qualified and caring staff to look after you.
We provide the following facilities:
- Patient-friendly building with easy access
- Security measures and safety features
- Coordinated activities to ensure quick recovery
- Regular activities such as movie nights, birthday parties, and socials
- Freshly prepared, delicious and nutritious meals
- Professional staff who care about your needs
For more information about our skilled nursing facility in Rhode Island, feel free to reach out to us by calling 401-371-3220. You could also fill out our online form to book a tour of our rehab facility.