Tips for Choosing an Independent Living Facility in West Hartford, CT
Is your aging parent or an elderly loved one having difficulty keeping up with the responsibilities of managing a home, or feeling lonely living alone? An independent living community in West Hartford might be the ideal home for them.
- They can have an independent lifestyle without the responsibility of maintaining a home and vehicle.
- They will have as Staff available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- They will enjoy a safe and secure environment with facilities that are specially designed for a senior lifestyle.
- They will have company and social interaction with their peers.
It is important to understand that not all independent living facilities offer the same level of comfort and services. Many of these services that are we provide, would incur extra charges at other facilities. Do your homework. Choosing the right one is key to your loved one’s happiness, health and safety. Here are some important points to help you make the right choice.
- Determine your needs: An assisted living facility might be a good option if your mom or dad needs personalized assistance with daily activities like cooking, bathing, dressing, etc. when compared to an independent living retirement residence. A nursing home on the other hand, is more appropriate for seniors with greater medical care requirements.
- Decide what is important: Proximity to children and grandchildren, for instance, helps seniors continue to enjoy time with family. If religious, social and volunteering activities are important, look for a facility that provides for these, or is close to local places of worship and community outreach centers. Establish a balance between needs and wants.
- Make a list of questions to ask: Types of services provided, cost, building accessibility, transportation facilities, recreational activities, staff qualifications, etc. are all important points to consider when making a decision.
- Talk to residents: Gain insights into the type of care they receive and more importantly, if they are happy living at the facility you are considering for your loved one.
- Take a tour with your family member: Plan this preferably when activities are in session. This will not only help your senior get a feel of the place but more importantly, help them decide if they will be comfortable here.
- Don’t make any hasty decisions: Consult family and friends who live in a retirement residence. Visit at least two or three independent living facilities before you make a decision.
At The Holiday independent living community in West Hartford, Connecticut, you or your elderly loved ones can retire in style with all the amenities and services they desire. Long-serving staff that is trained to provide individualized care will look after your parent like their own. You will have peace of mind knowing they are happy and safe in their home-away-from-home.
Give us a call at 860-233-8208 to learn more about the services and amenities we provide at our independent living facility in West Hartford, Connecticut. Fill our online form to book a tour.