Spend Time with Your Parent in their West Hartford Senior Home this Holiday Season
Is your aging loved one coping well in their own house? If you are visiting for the holidays, you should look for signs that they need help. If you’re loved one is struggling with daily chores such as cooking, cleaning, and getting dressed, it might be a good time to consider senior homes in West Hartford. You will still be able to spend as much time as you like with them this holiday season while having peace of mind knowing that they are safe and well-cared for. Less chores ultimately means more quality time can be spent with your loved one.
The holidays can be both an exciting and stressful time for many seniors. While some are overwhelmed by their daily routine let alone all the preparations for the festivities, others feel lonely and depressed about the loss of near and dear ones.
Is moving mom or dad into your home or just staying with them during the holidays the best solution? What will happen when the holidays are over? How will your loved one cope? Moving them into the West Hartford Retirement Residence will ease their stress by getting rid of daily tasks and chores. It will allow them to enjoy their golden years without the worry of maintaining a home. You will also feel better knowing they will have help when the need arises.
Here are some simple ways to determine if it is time to move a loved into a retirement residence in West Hartford.
How to Determine if Your Loved One Needs to Move to a Senior Home before the Holidays
- Take a look around the house to determine if it is clean or if they are having trouble with the upkeep.
- Pay close attention to their meal preparation to see if there is a change.
- Sit and talk to them about their daily routine and health. Are they sleeping and eating well? Do they feel lonely or have trouble getting around? Listen to their concerns.
Making the Holidays Special for Mom and Dad
- Spend time with them—just talking, writing out cards or reading the ones they have received.
- If they are living by themselves, remind them not to overdo holiday preparations or get overwhelmed by the chores. Try and lighten their load.
- If they are already in a senior home, determine what activities and entertainment are being planned for the holiday season. Check with facility management if you can help arrange something special like a children’s choir to come and visit.
- Plan for them to spend time with the family. Make it a point to reassure them and show that they are important.
- See if they are comfortable and happy with the food, care and services in the senior home. Check whether they need additional support with daily chores or their personal routine.
The Holiday Independent Living Community in West Hartford, Connecticut is a safe, comfortable and happy place for mom and dad to spend their retirement years. Friendly, caring staff, well-planned daily activities and comfortable living arrangements enable them to lead an active and fulfilled life. They enjoy privacy as well as the company of friends.
Our residents say they feel like they are on a permanent vacation. They can retire in style with all the services and amenities they require and desire.
Make this holiday season extra special.
Get your loved one settled into their new West Hartford senior home before the holiday season. Call us today at 860-233-8208 to book a tour of our facility.