Activities at The Holiday Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
In Manville, Rhode Island
As you search for the ideal skilled nursing and rehabilitation center, do not overlook the activities offered to residents on the premises. At The Holiday, both short and long-term stays are offered and we include a wide array of activities and amenities to meet each resident’s needs.
Coordinated Activities to Promote Healing and Recovery
At The Holiday Nursing Home in Manville, Rhode Island, keeping our patients and residents involved in interesting and varied activities and events is one way we promote healing and recovery. Our activities and events programming ensures that all our residents have the opportunity to live life to their fullest potential. Activities are tailored to a resident’s and patient’s individual interests and abilities.
- Physical Activities: We promote stronger bodies, bones, coordination, and, muscles, through a variety of exercise and activity programs designed to improve or maintain physical well-being.
- Spiritual Activities: Our spiritual and religious services focus on needs that are so important to many of our residents. There are various programs at The Holiday that promote spiritual well-being and religious fulfillment.
- Social Activities: The Holiday hosts numerous social programs that are designed to encourage human connection and interaction. Parties, games, musical entertainment, and exciting outings, are just some of the many social events held here.
- Intellectual Activities: A number of programs focus on challenging your mind. Our goal is to keep you involved and stimulated with group activities, such as: political discussions, brain teasers, word and math challenge games, current events discussions, and so on.
- Emotional Programs: Our emotionally-inspired programs include: personal visits, reminisce groups, celebration events for our residents, and more.
Regular activities include:
- Bingo and other games
- Movie nights and slide shows
- Exercise routines planned according to residents’ abilities
- Exciting excursions and day trips
- Ice cream socials
- Birthday parties
- Festive celebrations such as Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.
- Visiting entertainers and performers
- Line dancing
- Arts and crafts workshops
- Religious services
- And much more!
Dining is Always A ‘Happy Hour’
The dining experience at The Holiday is an integral part of our residents’ lives. Mealtime is about more than receiving nourishment; it’s about enjoying freshly prepared, great tasting meals that are well presented in an inviting social setting. Our friendly dining staff add to our residents’ dining comfort by delivering quality service with great manners, and a focus on individualizing each resident’s experience.
Our dining servers look for opportunities to impact our residents in a way that makes a meaningful, positive difference in their lives. By developing caring, professional relationships with our residents, remembering their preferences and accommodations, and getting to know them personally, they work together to enhance the dining experience.
Enjoyable dining starts with great food. Savory entrees, fresh fruits, tempting desserts, and much more can be found on our menu. Menus are patient centered. They are carefully prepared to ensure proper nutrition, as well as provide tasty and visually appealing selections for our residents.
Don’t like our daily special? No problem! We offer numerous dietary selections for each meal and encourage resident participation in suggesting menu selections. We even offer the opportunity for residents to submit their own recipes.
There are a number of different dining options at The Holiday. We have a comfortable larger dining room and a smaller, home-like dining room for our short term, rehab focused residents. We also offer in-room dining and a choice about when you would like to eat.
Take a Virtual Photo Tour to see what we have to offer.
Have questions about the various activities and dining arrangements at The Holiday Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Manville, Rhode Island? Contact us today to request a consultation and book a tour.