Skilled Nursing Home and Rehabilitation in Manville, Rhode Island
- Are you looking for a top notch rehabilitation center to recover from your illness or injury?
- Are you or your parent having difficulty with age-related physical problems?
- Is Alzheimer’s or Dementia a cause for concern with your aging parent?
- Has your loved one been through surgery recently and needs physical or occupational therapy to return to prior function?
- Are you worried about your parent’s safety and well-being while you take a vacation?
About Our Rehabilitation Center
Since 1973, The Holiday Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center has been caring for families just like yours. Whether you are looking for long-term care or post-surgery rehabilitation, trust our professional and caring staff to look after your loved one like family. Even if you only need a short-term care arrangement so your parent is not alone while you are on a trip, we are happy to look after them so you can travel stress-free.
We are the premier facility for skilled nursing, rehabilitation and respite care in Northern Rhode Island(RI). In 2015, we added a state-of-the-art rehabilitation gym that leads the competition in both amenities and technology. All of the features and services your loved ones need to feel comfortable, safe and well looked-after, are available at The Holiday. A care plan is specifically customized for each patient. Minimum respite stay of two weeks based on availability.
Top 5 Reasons to Choose The Holiday for Your Loved Ones
- Our staff makes all the difference: We are a family-owned business and our level of care and commitment, compared to other facilities, many of whom are large, corporate chains, is extraordinary. Our staff-to-patient ratio is one of the highest in Rhode Island. We employ the best staff in the industry. Ask a staffer how long they have been working for The Holiday and most will give you a response of 5, 10, 15, or even 20 years.
- Patient-friendly building: Our entire establishment is located on one floor, providing easy access for all. No waiting for elevators, no stairs to navigate; our building was designed with the handicapped in mind. You can rest easy knowing your loved ones will safely move around our facility. Our almost complete rehabilitation center is brand new and completely state-of-the-art. A generator powers the entire community so patients never have to worry about loss of power.
- Top rated in the industry: Over the years, The Holiday has received many awards and accolades. Most recently, in 2017, we received another zero deficiency survey. In addition, we were selected by the community as “The Best in Business” and received “The Reader’s Choice Award” in 2015, 2016 and 2017. Also, we achieved a Three Tier Achiever recognition in 2014, based on extraordinary efforts for improving care measures in three of four areas measured by the American Health Care Association.
- Satisfied patients: We have countless repeat patients who have been coming here for years. Patients frequently come for a short time or to seek rehabilitation so they can go back home feeling stronger. They also come back to us when they need long-term care because they were so impressed with our service the first time. Many families bring their loved ones here after being referred by a family member or a friend who spoke about a positive experience at The Holiday.
- More than nursing care: In addition to caring for our patients’ daily care requirements, we also offer a host of exciting, well-planned activities and excellent dining arrangements within our community.
Frequently Asked Questions about Nursing Homes & Rehabilitation Centers
When Do I Need a Nursing Home & Rehabilitation Center?
If you need help with daily activities, constant supervision, and medical care, you may consider moving into a skilled nursing home. Moreover, if you experience frequent trips or falls, require assistance to manage your meals, or show signs of memory loss, you may need the support of the specialists in a rehabilitation center.
What Should I Look for When Visiting a Nursing Home?
When you plan to visit a skilled nursing home and rehabilitation center, be sure to ask about the general things such as the Medicare policy, their license, whether they are accepting new patients, the patient to staff ratio, how they hire their staff, transportation, and more
What Should I Discuss with Regards to My Safety?
To ensure the skilled nursing home is safe for you, check if the facility is well-lit and has clear, well-defined floor plans with proper exits, handrails, and grab bars. Also, consider the safety and security measures they have in place and whether they have a backup generator.
How Do I Determine the Quality of Care in a Skilled Nursing Home?
If you want to know about the quality of care offered at a facility, it helps to consider how the residents are treated by staff and other residents, the types of activities arranged for residents, the food offered, and how it smells. In addition to this, consider if the residents’ rights are enforced, whether the staff respects their privacy, whether they allow personal items, and what the daily routine looks like in the nursing home.
What Should I Bring When Moving In?
When you move into our nursing home in Rhode Island, be sure to carry a physician’s order for admission, your medications, any state-required forms, negative tuberculosis test chest X-ray, and all completed paperwork.
How Do I Pay for Nursing Home Care?
When you realize that you need to move to a nursing home, assess your financial condition and discuss the options available to you. You may consider Medicare and Medicaid, state insurance programs, private pay, social security disability income, life insurance, home equity, long-term care insurance, and more.
Come see why we have the best nursing, rehabilitation and respite care in the industry. Take a Virtual Photo Tour to see what our Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Manville, Rhode Island has to offer.
Have questions? Visit our FAQ page to find out more about The Holiday or contact us today to request a consultation and book a tour.