The Staff at Your Skilled Nursing Facility in Manville, Rhode Island
Trained to Care for Your Range of Needs with Love
If you are considering moving a parent, sick or elderly family member to a nursing home in Rhode Island, it is important to determine the level of assistance and care that it provides. Our well-staffed skilled nursing facility in Manville, Rhode Island has many different types of employees to care for residents – nurses, physical therapists, dieticians, activities staff, medical technicians, Certified Nursing assistants (CNA), housekeeping, laundry and maintenance staff as well as an administration and support team to ensure that you or your loved ones are well cared for.
Here is an overview of the employees you can expect to find at an established nursing facility:
- Nurses: There are many different types of nurses who work together to care for nursing home residents. As required by law, Registered Nurses (RNs) will first assess your loved one’s needs to determine the level of care they require. Based on this assessment, the RNs will then work with the Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) to draw up and implement their treatment or care plan.
- Nursing assistants: Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) typically assist with your loved one’s daily activities including eating, personal hygiene, dressing, grooming, etc. They are a vital part of the team as they help in maintaining residents’ health and well-being.
- Nursing home dietician: As per Federal law, all nursing homes in Rhode Island and across the country must have a qualified dietician. The dietician helps with menu planning to ensure residents’ nutritional requirements are being met. He/she may work full-time, part-time, or as a consultant.
- Rehabilitation: A skilled nursing facility’s Physical Therapists (PTs) play a critical role in the rehabilitation of recovering patients as well as the overall fitness of all residents. Occupational & Speech Therapy is also offered.
- Administration and support staff: While these employees may not directly provide care for residents, they help in ensuring that nursing homes run smoothly.
At The Holiday Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Manville, Rhode Island, we go above and beyond approved standards. Our experienced team cares for you and your loved ones like their own. Our round-the-clock attention and individualized care plans, well-planned dining menus and activities keep our residents active, happy and safe.
Give us a call at 401-765-1440 for more information on the many benefits of staying at out our skilled nursing facility or fill out this online form to book a tour.