Mistakes to Avoid while Searching for Assisted Living in Rhode Island
Searching for an assisted living facility in Rhode Island? Take the time to do your homework. It is a life changing decision and you want to be certain that you have selected the best home for your loved ones.
Here are some common mistakes to avoid:
- Considering today’s needs: The best assisted living facility is one that can provide for you loved one’s daily care requirements. Consult their doctor about what their current and future needs may be and go over them with the retirement homes you visit. It is always preferable to look for a facility that offers an aging-in-place option.
- Being swayed by the appearance of a facility: A beautiful building with luxurious amenities is nice to have; however, it is the quality and type of care that are more important. Do some research on the assisted living facilities you have shortlisted. Check whether the residents have encountered any problems. Ask about activities and dining arrangements to keep your loved ones active and healthy.
- Selecting a facility based on your likes: It is your loved one, and most likely your parent who will be living there, so it is important that they like the place, not just you. Make sure you involve them in the decision making process.
- Not understanding the cost of different levels of care: It is important to understand what amenities and services are included in the monthly price. Go over your loved one’s needs with a nurse or facility administrator and determine how much you will have to pay for that specific care plan. Take the time to carefully read the fine print.
- Choosing an assisted living facility just because it is the closest one: You may want to visit every day, but that might not be possible. While being close to your home or place of work is convenient, it is more important to select a facility where your parent will feel safe, comfortable and well-cared for.
- Making a quick decision: Don’t be in a rush, even if there is a crisis. Visit a few assisted living facilities in Rhode Island to compare types of care, services, amenities, and cost before you make that big decision. More importantly, take your loved one on a tour to see what they think and which assisted living facility they would prefer. Try a short stay to get a proper idea of their care services.
Wyndemere Woods Assisted and Independent Living Facility in Woonsocket, Rhode Island provides loving, compassionate care 24/7. Your parent will enjoy comfortable senior apartment housing and great company. A wide range of amenities and services caters to their specific needs. We are a family-owned and oriented business with over 45 years of experience in senior care; that is what makes a real difference. We care for your loved ones like they are family.
Let Wyndemere Woods Assisted and Independent Living Facility in Woonsocket, Rhode Island ease stress with your aging loved one. Call us today at 401-762-4226 for more information or to book a tour.