Activities and Dining at Your Independent Living Community
In West Hartford, Connecticut
At The Holiday Retirement Community of West Hartford, Connecticut, we focus on making independent living a comfortable, enjoyable and stress-free experience for our residents and their families. From a host of fun-filled mental and physical activities, to healthy, fresh-every-day dining and tender, loving care, your senior loved ones are treated to everything they could wish for and more. It’s our family caring for your family.
Activities to Stimulate Mental and Physical Wellness
The Holiday has two spacious recreation rooms where our activities are held. We have an inviting front parlor, a beautiful patio as well as two balconies for our residents to enjoy. We also have a movie theater with a high definition projector and 3D Surround Sound. We watch classic and current movies as well as documentaries in addition to our normal activity schedule. Our friendly and creative activity director, Evelyn, plans engaging daily activities that bring smiles to our elderly residents.
Some of the activities we organize on a regular basis include:
- Games – Bingo, Casino Time, Word Mining, UNO, Trivia
- Movies – Musicals, Classics, Documentaries, Mystery Cinema, Westerns, Comedies, Romances
- Exercise routines – Yoga And Stretching
- Spa Days
- Ice cream socials
- Birthday parties
- Holiday related activities (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, etc.)
- Visiting entertainers and performers
- Choir performances and piano, violin, guitar recitals
- And more!
You won’t have to worry about your loved ones being lonely or bored in their golden years at their “home away from home”. They will experience a “Holiday” like never before in the company of new friends and family. Each day brings many opportunities to mix and mingle, meet and greet, foster friendships and build rewarding relationships.
Take a Virtual Photo Tour to see what we have to offer.
Dining and Socialization
Just like it is in your home, the dining room at The Holiday Retirement Community is the meeting place where residents share more than a meal. The warm, cozy, ambience reinforces the feeling of being at home with family. From casual conversations about the day’s events to nostalgic reminiscing over past years to sharing a joke and more, we see some of the most wonderful relationships building here at mealtimes.
Of course, the quality of the meals have a lot to do with this happy, comfortable dining environment. Not limited to enjoying each other’s company while dining, residents will often go and play a card game or work on a puzzle together after a meal.
A word about our meals:
- Your parent will be served three healthy, delicious home-cooked meals every day.
- Our in-house chef, Norma lovingly prepares and serves a wide variety of nutritious foods, so there is always something interesting and tasty to eat.
- At least two different main choices are given for all three meals each and every day.
- If you want something different from the two main menu choices, a dozen other items are also available daily, including sandwiches, wraps, salads, fruit bowls, etc.
- If your loved one has special dietary restrictions, we understand and are happy to accommodate those requirements.
- Special attention is given to make sure that all residents attend meal times in order to stay healthy.
- If requested under special circumstances, meals may also be delivered in-room—additional charges may apply.
- All meals are included as part of monthly rent.
Have questions about the various activities and dining arrangements at The Holiday Retirement Community? Contact us today to request a consultation and book a tour.
Contact The Holiday Retirement
860-233-8208 or Contact Us