How Assisted Living Facilities Improve the Quality of Life
As an elderly individual, you might be aware of the difficulties involved in performing everyday chores and other physical activities which require strength and fitness. To help you with it and make everything comfortable for you, the staff at assisted living communities come up with creative solutions. Listed below are five ways in which they improve the quality of life in your senior years.
12 Ways Senior Living Communities Enhance Your Life
- Understanding Healthcare Technology With age, people become more prone to illnesses and physical conditions. Even with such disorders, you can lead a comfortable life with the help of the technology available. These may include adaptable utensils for individuals with tremors or who experience arthritis in their hands, devices to assist with putting on socks when getting dressed, handled cups, devices to assist with communication, and other tools and helpful inventions to aid those with disabilities in improving their quality of life. Assisted living communities will teach you how to use these correctly.
- Helping with Chronic Ailments
As you age, you might be impacted by a chronic illness such as dementia, arthritis, and more. A retirement community will offer you support and care to combat them such as exercise, therapy, and mentally stimulating activities based on your unique needs, making your life more comfortable.
- Maintaining a Healthy & Active Social Life With age, the need for interacting with people increases, and you might often find yourself yearning for a joyful and energetic atmosphere. You also face a higher risk of loneliness. When you move into a senior living community, you will have an opportunity to meet new people and interact with them. In addition to keeping your mind occupied with things like puzzles, games, books, and discussions, the happy and uplifting atmosphere will impact your health positively.
- Providing Healthcare Services The main purpose of an assisted living community is to help you to lead a happy life while ensuring your needs are met and you are being safely taken care of. By utilizing the services offered, you can accomplish your everyday tasks with less difficulty and carry on with your life. In addition to this, there are many activities arranged to help you enjoy your life and have fun.
- Helping with Gaining Independence You might often feel that you are becoming too dependent on your loved ones for assistance. Assisted living communities will provide you with support for your daily activities and also help you maintain a sense of independence
- Offering Support for Daily Tasks When you live in an assisted living facility, you do not have to worry about daily chores. They provide three meals a day, cater to special dietary needs, offer housekeeping and laundry services, and more. In addition to this, they also assist with activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, and grooming.
- Managing Your Medication Assisted living communities have staff members to help residents manage their medications. Generally, they have policies that help residents manage their prescriptions, ensuring you have them updated and take your medicines on time every day. This often includes medication audits and education sessions to verify their residents are managing this appropriately.
- Providing a Safe Living Environment The chances of falls increase with age and may have devastating consequences, including minor inconveniences to fatal injuries. Assisted living communities follow safety measures and have prevention programs to help seniors who have experienced a fall previously. Moreover, they have a safe, senior-friendly infrastructure with easy access to support with an emergency call button system. In addition to this, assisted living retirement homes have trained staff to help you while ensuring you enjoy an independent lifestyle in the long run.
- Offering Memory Support If you are suffering from a cognitive disorder such as Alzheimer’s, moving into an assisted living facility that offers memory care is a wise decision. They provide around-the-clock supervision and excellent amenities to ensure the residents are correctly attended to and comfortable. They work to ensure the residents’ well-being by providing a safe environment, specially trained staff members, and opportunities for social engagement. They also offer personal hygiene and therapeutic support to improve your physical and mental health.
- Managing Meals Malnutrition is often a serious issue among seniors because of the changing nutritional needs, depression, and difficulty cooking. It may weaken the immune systems and may lead to other health problems. Assisted living communities offer nutritious meals prepared by a professional staff to reduce your burden of grocery shopping and cooking meals. In addition to this, they also accommodate unique dietary requirements, such as diabetes-friendly diets, low sodium meals, and more.
- Ensuring Peace of Mind Although moving into an assisted living facility represents enormous decisions and can be overwhelming, it provides you with a safe and comfortable environment in your retirement years. It is an excellent way to balance your independent lifestyle with healthy living because you can get professional help. They also offer well-planned, preventative healthcare programs that are personalized to ensure your physical, emotional, and mental well-being. This provides your and your family’s peace of mind.
- Promoting an Active Life Assisted living communities can help you keep moving and stay sharp. You will have access to fitness activities and exercise classes to help maintain your mobility, boost muscle strength, and work on your balance to prevent falls. As a resident, you will also have the opportunity to attend many exciting events such as exercise routines, craft days, educational classes, a book club, and visiting entertainers.
We Offer Love & Care in Assisted Living Communities in Woonsocket
At Wyndemere Woods assisted living in Rhode Island, we have a 24-hour staff to look after your well being. We offer the following services to keep our residents satisfied and happy:
- Regular physical activities.
- Freshly prepared meals three times a day.
- Local transportation facility.
- Safety measures in the form of an emergency call button system.
- Provide essential utilities such as heat and air-conditioned rooms.
- Weekly housekeeping services.
- Beauty parlor and barber shop.
- Health monitoring programs.
For more information about the services we offer, you can get in touch with us by calling 401-762-4226. You can also take a Virtual Photo Tour to learn more about our facility.
Also Read: Assisted Living May Be Perfect for Your Loved One