Creating the Ultimate Bucket List for Seniors – With Helpful Tips from Our Fun Loving Retirement Community
Have you made your bucket list yet? It is never too late to start. We all have goals and aspirations that a busy life may have pushed aside. The experienced team at our retirement community shares helpful tips for making this exciting to-do list for seniors.
What is a Bucket List?
Creating a bucket list is easy and exciting. Simply think about all the things you want to accomplish in your lifetime and write them down. Perhaps there are new skills you would like to learn, places you want to travel to during retirement and/or experiences you wish to enjoy.
Why Create a Senior Bucket List?
Retirement is an ideal time to rekindle and accomplish these dreams as you finally have the time to do what you like. Many seniors feel bored or depressed about not having structured activities during their golden years. Creating this to-do list will help you focus on what is important to you and create a blueprint for retirement activities that you will enjoy. For many seniors, the bucket list has become the ultimate celebration of aging.
How to Make a To-Do List for Seniors?
Making your senior bucket list (or helping mom or dad with one) can be a fun experience and one that will bring a renewed sense of purpose to your life. Need help getting started? Here are 5 questions you should ask:
- What are your biggest goals and dreams?
- What do you want to achieve in different areas of your life—family, health, financially, socially or professionally?
- Are there are any special places or countries you want to visit?
- Is there a new skill or language you want to learn?
- Is there a special experience you want to have, like going to a Broadway show or taking a cruise?
Top 20 Fun Ideas for the Ideal Retirement
Your bucket list can help you map out the ideal retirement plan. Our retirement community staff has 20 exciting ideas to inspire you.
- 1. Travel somewhere you have always wanted to go but never had the chance
- 2. Try a second career
- 3. Start a business
- 4. Learn a new language or skill
- 5. Take up a new sport
- 6. Achieve your ideal weight
- 7. Try skiing or scuba diving
- 8. Fly in a hot air balloon
- 9. Ride, buy or restore a vintage car
- 10. Paint a Masterpiece
- 11. Pursue a new hobby
- 12. Reconnect with old friends
- 13. Volunteer or be a mentor to someone
- 14. Get that pet you never had
- 15. Write a book
- 16. Play a musical instrument
- 17. Make new friends
- 18. Make someone’s day
- 19. Learn how to dance
- 20. Take a cruise
At The Holiday retirement communities, our exciting programs and Activities help seniors live life to the fullest. From exercise routines to entertainment and outdoor excursions, we offer a variety of opportunities for our elderly residents to keep active, make friends and have fun. Well-appointed accommodation, high quality Services, personalized care and an experienced and dedicated team will make you feel like you are on a permanent holiday. You or your elderly loved one can retire in style with the amenities and comforts you require or desire. There is always plenty to do here and you will enjoy all the company and support you want while maintaining your independence and privacy.
Give us a call at 860-233-8208 to learn more about the services and amenities we provide at our retirement communities in Rhode Island and West Hartford, Connecticut. Fill out this Online Form to Book a Tour.