Comparing Home Care to Assisted Living Facilities in Rhode Island
Struggling with the decision to move a parent into one of the assisted living facilities in Rhode Island? You’re not alone. Many families are faced with the dilemma of whether to continue providing in-home care or shift mom or dad into a senior residence. There are two main reasons for this: knowing that your parent would prefer to remain at home and the feeling that you are abandoning them. Don’t feel that way! The quality of care provided is more important than whether it is available at their home or in a retirement community. At our assisted living facility in Rhode Island, you will have peace of mind knowing that your loved ones are safe, comfortable and well-cared for.
Here are some important factors that make assisted living a better option:
- Your seniors need more assistance with personal tasks.
- Physical and/or mental health is deteriorating and you are concerned about their safety.
- It is becoming more difficult for them to manage their failing health and maintain a safe home or apartment.
- Often, they are not able to prepare and serve meals for themselves, not eating enough, and have expired or little amounts of food at home.
- They have become socially isolated on account of mobility issues and this is affecting their emotional health.
- They have had accidents or near misses such as multiple falls with injuries or nearly starting a house fire etc.
- With the cost of in-home care rising, it is not possible to provide the level of attention they require.
- Not taking or missing doses of medication.
From expensive home modifications to accommodate your elderly loved one’s deteriorating mobility to costly in-home care services, assisted living facilities are becoming a safer and more affordable option.
When you come to the Wyndemere Woods Assisted and Independent Living Community in Woonsocket, Rhode Island, you will realize the true value of the care we provide. After seeing our comfortable housing along with the wide range of services and amenities we offer, most families overcome their initial apprehensions about the expenses. They realize that the level of attention and care when compared to cost of in-home services is virtually unmatched.
The biggest advantage of being in our Rhode Island assisted living facility is that your loved one is never alone. Over 45 years of providing services to families like yours helps us deliver the perfect balance of love, care, efficiency and professionalism that your loved one needs.
With the steadily rising cost of in-home care, assisted living has become the best option to take care of your loved one in Rhode Island.
Give us a call at 401-762-4226 for more information or fill out our online form to book a tour.